There are a variety of reasons you may want to hire a private investigator. It could be because of suspicion of infidelity or adultery. Or, because of a pending divorce. Regardless of why, how much will it cost? There are many factors when it comes to private investigator costs. As well as what you get for your money. Every investigation will tally up a different charge. And this is because several factors can influence the price of a private investigator.
Private Investigator Cost Factors
AMS Investigations require a $2000 retainer. The retainer will start the process. The hourly rate charged by AMS is $100 an hour. There is also a $.85 a mile fee. Suppose you need AMS to provide court testimony, a retainer of $500 is also required. The payment is due 48 hours before the time and date of the testimony.
The average cost of an infidelity investigation runs between $1,000 and $3,000. And the typical research takes about a week.
Private Investigator Cost – Typical Investigations and Surveillance
One of our clients called to use our services because she believed that her husband was having an affair. She thought that the affair was taking place just after typical working hours, and he was lying about working overtime. So, we decided the best course of action would be to surveil the spouse starting at his workplace.
We had eyes on him over Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and only required a one-person team to complete this job. Over the first two days, the husband did work overtime and then went straight home after leaving work. However, on Friday evening, he finished work early and drove to an address 25 minutes away. He arrived at the residence where a scantily dressed woman greeted him. He stayed for three and a half hours.
Lots of people are looking to get the upper hand in their divorce proceedings. Because they suspect their spouse of infidelity or hiding assets and money, a private investigator can help you with your case and identify any relevant information that will help you get the settlement that you deserve.
We can help you ensure your Houston divorce investigation runs smoothly and provides you with all the information you need. Whether you’re looking for an infidelity investigation, an adultery investigation, or needing help with a divorce case. AMS Investigations is standing by to help.
Other services we offer include tracking down long-lost friends or family members. Including birth parents for those who were adopted. We also investigate suspected fraud, pre-marital investigations, child custody, surveillance, criminal and civil matters, GPS vehicle tracking, etc.
What We Need from You
- It’s essential that you’re honest and upfront with us from the start. We require accurate information from you, as this will give us our best chance of success. Additionally, if there are any changes in circumstances during the investigation, you should make us aware of this.
- Please allow us to investigate using our methods and not attempt to interfere with the services we perform.
- We may require documentation for me as part of our fact-finding. AMS appreciates your cooperation in providing us with the relevant documentation.
- We must have the correct, current contact information for you, including your email address, telephone number, and mailing address. So we have a contact for you, in case we need to get a hold of you immediately during the investigation.
- Under no circumstances should you use the results of the investigation for illegal or criminal purposes.
In most cases, our clients are proven right in following their gut instinct. It’s vital that you understand we work hard to keep your case confidential. Your spouse will not know they are under investigation. Because when we provide you with our findings, we will do so in the most secretive way possible. We only give the results of our inquiry to the client, with their permission, or to follow a court order.
If you need more information about private investigator costs, please contact us.